How to improve? 150-160 in one month, is it realistic?

SuperHeroJD

SuperHeroJD
  • Applicant

Hello guys! 

first of all good luck to those of you who are applying this cycle. 

I just got my November LSAT, 150. I felt fine after writing it but this score is really below my expectations. I started studying LSAT last May. The biggest obstacle during my November test was time. My PTs are around 155-162.  

I am Just wondering if improving my LSAT from 150 to 160 in January is realistic. 

Thanks.

Edited by SuperHeroJD

2easy
  • Applicant

Logic games. They are super easy to get good at and within a few weeks it’s easy to go from -12 to -5. 

Edited by 2easy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperHeroJD said:

Hello guys! 

I just got my November LSAT, 150. I felt fine after writing it but this score is really below my expectations. I started studying LSAT last May. The biggest obstacle during my November test was time. My PTs are around 155-162.  

I am Just wondering if improving my LSAT from 150 to 160 in January is realistic. 

Thanks.

Hire an one to one private tutor

• Like 2

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, SuperHeroJD said:

Hello guys! 

Thanks.

Are your PTs under strict test conditions? The thing with saying you struggled with time is that time is really the factor that makes the LSAT a difficult test. You should be able to get close to a 180 if you have unlimited time.

That said, if you're testing at 155-162 under strict test conditions, then absolutely you can hit a 160 on the actual test. It sounds like nerves got to you and that will hopefully not be the issue next time.

Which areas did you struggle the most with? 

Dghoul
  • Applicant

First of all, what is your score break down? For most people, LG is the easiest to improve, followed by LR then RC. That being said, If you have been preping since last May, I assume you have finished almost all PTS, the chance of drastic improvement is smaller. There is also the problem of what prep material you used, some of the prep books are just objectively worse than others.

Overall, if your PTs are taken with exam conditions, getting a 160 is very possible as it is already within your range. 

SuperHeroJD
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, Dghoul said:

First of all, what is your score break down? For most people, LG is the easiest to improve, followed by LR then RC. That being said, If you have been preping since last May, I assume you have finished almost all PTS, the chance of drastic improvement is smaller. There is also the problem of what prep material you used, some of the prep books are just objectively worse than others.

8 minutes ago, Dghoul said:

Overall, if your PTs are taken with exam conditions, getting a 160 is very possible as it is already within your range. 

9 minutes ago, Dghoul said:

Yeah, the PTs are under exam conditions. I did not finish all PTs as I am still a full-time student. 

1 hour ago, chaboywb said:

Are your PTs under strict test conditions? The thing with saying you struggled with time is that time is really the factor that makes the LSAT a difficult test. You should be able to get close to a 180 if you have unlimited time.

That said, if you're testing at 155-162 under strict test conditions, then absolutely you can hit a 160 on the actual test. It sounds like nerves got to you and that will hopefully not be the issue next time.

Which areas did you struggle the most with? 

You are right. the problem with me is time. I get 2-3 questions max wrong with unlimited time for each section. 

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

If your PTs average below 160 and you have been studying since May, you may want to rethink your study habits. Are you reflecting on your wrong answers and understanding the fundamental principles behind why your original answer was incorrect, and why the correct answer is correct? Resources like the 7Sage self-study curriculum are super helpful for this because of the analytics (it tells you what sort of questions you struggle on most) and for the detailed, easy-to-understand explanation videos where they go very in depth to help you understand.

From your post, you haven't mentioned how you study, but if you are simply taking practice tests then checking what the right answer was without doing further exploration to determine how your thought process went wrong, it won't help you learn very efficiently.

Which section do you struggle most with? Like others have said, in a short timeframe of 1 month, it may be worthwhile to focus on Logic Games if you're aiming for the January test since LG is often the easiest to make improvements on.

SuperHeroJD
  • Applicant
24 minutes ago, Spinnaker said:

If your PTs average below 160 and you have been studying since May, you may want to rethink your study habits. Are you reflecting on your wrong answers and understanding the fundamental principles behind why your original answer was incorrect, and why the correct answer is correct? Resources like the 7Sage self-study curriculum are super helpful for this because of the analytics (it tells you what sort of questions you struggle on most) and for the detailed, easy-to-understand explanation videos where they go very in depth to help you understand.

From your post, you haven't mentioned how you study, but if you are simply taking practice tests then checking what the right answer was without doing further exploration to determine how your thought process went wrong, it won't help you learn very efficiently.

Which section do you struggle most with? Like others have said, in a short timeframe of 1 month, it may be worthwhile to focus on Logic Games if you're aiming for the January test since LG is often the easiest to make improvements on.

Hey thanks for the reply. Since may I usually devote 1-2 hours per day during week and a full day during weekends. Coz I had internships, and I’m still a full time undergrad. Basically I spent 3 months on basic materials. Really started doing PTs since October/late September.