lawschoolking
  • Applicant

* I applied access to TMU *

CGPA: 3.2

B2: 3.3

L2: 3.51

L3: 3.3

LSAT: 152

Softs: several executive member on school clubs, youth council for local MP, supervisory work experience

Edited by lawschoolking

• lawschoolking changed the title to Chances TMU CGPA 3.2 LSAT 152
Monophobia
  • Law Student

Unfortunately, unless your access claim carries your application, or your B20 happens to be much higher than what you've presented here, I am not confident that you will be admitted. Your softs seem pretty typical, but your hard stats are simply not competitive. I would recommend you retake the LSAT in January if possible. Otherwise, be prepared to reapply next cycle. Best of luck.

• Like 1

lawschoolking
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Monophobia said:

Unfortunately, unless your access claim carries your application, or your B20 happens to be much higher than what you've presented here, I am not confident that you will be admitted. Your softs seem pretty typical, but your hard stats are simply not competitive. I would recommend you retake the LSAT in January if possible. Otherwise, be prepared to reapply next cycle. Best of luck.

Even though TMU is holistic? My access claim was based on diversity and inclusion, as well as socioeconomic status, which is one of the pillars of TMU.

GoatDuck
  • Law Student
15 minutes ago, lawschoolking said:

Even though TMU is holistic? My access claim was based on diversity and inclusion, as well as socioeconomic status, which is one of the pillars of TMU.

If the two extremes are “we accepted you because you check off EDI boxes” and “we accepted you because we were convinced you’d do well in law school, and your access claim is valuable only insofar as it supports that you’ll do well,” then holistic admission is much closer to the second extreme. Not that you had the first extreme in mind, but hopefully it helps to contextualize what holistic admission amounts to. 

• Like 1

Monophobia
  • Law Student

Nobody here can assess how the adcoms might weigh an access claim. But you simply cannot rely on the strength of your claim to obtain an acceptance. Hard stats are what adcoms want to see. And as they currently stand, I cannot say that your stats will lead to an acceptance. 'Holistic' does not mean that adcoms will value your claim over your stats. It's merely an indication that they will take your claim into account while assessing your stats. I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1