Chance me please! cGPA: 3.58, L20: 3.65, Best LSAT: 161

JessicaPearson

JessicaPearson
  • Law School Admit

I have applied to UofA, UofC, and UBC. Applied as General.

Softs: 

• Small Business Owner.
  • A cumulative of 9 years of work (part time and full time) while studying throughout high school and university.
  • Refugee status for 8 years in another country and immigrated here with family.
  • Completed 5 work terms in Arts Co-op program during university - Worked as a Research Assistant at a non profit organization, Research Assistant at University of Calgary, worked at Trade Commissioner Service, worked as a Program Assistant at University of Calgary, and worked at Calgary Economic Development.
  • Co-authored an article with a University of Calgary professor and 2 lawyers which was published in the Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 
  • Extracurricular: 
    • Health & Safety volunteer at my religious facility since 2013.
    • Refugee Student Board Committee member at University of Calgary for final year of studies.
    • Executive member at my religious student club at University of Calgary for 2 years.
    • And volunteered for 2-3 years for other student  programs.

Please let me know if I have any good chances or if I should register for the January LSAT. But I am not sure if I will have time to study much during December as I have a full time job and a part time job at the moment. Also, I have already completed the LSAT 4 times (score cancel, 159, 160, 161). I applied last cycle to UofC, UofA, UBC and UVic with a 159 lsat score and I was rejected from all (waitlisted then rejected at UofA).

Edited by JessicaPearson

Monophobia
  • Law Student

I would recommend that you register for the January LSAT if you can reliably increase your score. Even if you revamped your personal statements, I would personally not be confident reapplying with a score only 2 points higher after being rejected everywhere applied to last cycle. Your personal experiences sound interesting, but they can't be relied on to carry hard stats. I would also recommend you apply to more schools. You've limited yourself to a very competitive pool. Applying more broadly would increase your likelihood of acceptance elsewhere. Best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...
JessicaPearson
  • Law School Admit

I am so pleasantly surprised to have been accepted at uofc! Received the offer on Wednesday. Thank you for your thoughts on my post, I appreciate your help 🙂

• Like 2