Chances? 167 LSAT 2.5 UGPA, 5 years full time work experience in executive/admin positions for small business

throwaway323

throwaway323
  • Applicant

I did my first LSAT this nov and decided to keep the score. I'm in Canada and I read that Canadian universities care a lot more about GPA 😕 I'm curious what my chances are at schools like UVic, UBC (I went there for undergrad), and UofA? I'm thinking of applying to USA schools if my chances aren't looking too good.

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

Your chances with UVic and UBC are nearly non-existent if you're applying via general. U of A takes 60 most recent credits, and I think this may also consider graduate degree grades as well - this may be worth calculating. Otherwise, I'd also say your chances for U of A are slim.

As someone who seriously considered U.S. schools, your cGPA is still going to hold you back even within the T20s. I know Wash U Law gives you the option to redact your GPA, so if you think you can sit the LSAT and hit a 170+ score, this would be your safest shot at a T14. 

throwaway323
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, Chewy said:

Have you been out of University for 5/6+ years?

What's your L2 gpa? 

I graduated in 2020, but I held full time positions through 3rd/4th year and essentially ignored schooling to pursue those fields. My L2 GPA is what holds me down at 2.1 while my first two years were 3.2