How Do Schools Look at Applicants in 4th Year? 

Thomas16908

Thomas16908
  • Applicant

My GPA is 3.6low after looking at the OLSAS calculations that came out this morning. This is weighted down heavily by first year which I got a 3.00 (roughly 3.8 in 2nd year and 4.0 is 3rd). I am currently in 4th year and tracking to finish this semester around a 3.95. Will schools consider my first semester grades this year once I submit them? Also, for a school like U of T, will they wait until April or May for my full year grades? I have a 170, so I don’t think I have a chance with my current 3.63, but think I would have a shot if they waited until April or May. 

legallystressed02
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Thomas16908 said:

My GPA is 3.6low after looking at the OLSAS calculations that came out this morning. This is weighted down heavily by first year which I got a 3.00 (roughly 3.8 in 2nd year and 4.0 is 3rd). I am currently in 4th year and tracking to finish this semester around a 3.95. Will schools consider my first semester grades this year once I submit them? Also, for a school like U of T, will they wait until April or May for my full year grades? I have a 170, so I don’t think I have a chance with my current 3.63, but think I would have a shot if they waited until April or May. 

Hey! I don't see my OLSAS calculation yet, are they all supposed to be released at the same time? Also, I am in the exact same position as you. I bombed my first year but have been doing really well in second and third year. I have a 171 and a 3.6. UofT is my dream so fingers crossed that first year doesn't ruin everything :/

Thomas16908
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, legallystressed02 said:

Hey! I don't see my OLSAS calculation yet, are they all supposed to be released at the same time? Also, I am in the exact same position as you. I bombed my first year but have been doing really well in second and third year. I have a 171 and a 3.6. UofT is my dream so fingers crossed that first year doesn't ruin everything 😕

Hey, I think that they were up for everyone briefly, then got taken down. I cannot see mine anymore and looking on reddit, that seems to be the case for everyone!

Fingers crossed for both of us, good luck! 

Goodluck!