LSAT Writing Concerns - Should I Rewrite?

Shawunnssssiin

Shawunnssssiin

Hello everyone,

I have a score of 166 on my recent LSAT. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the admissions results. As a non-native English speaker, I can't help but worry about my LSAT writing section. While I did my best to write in a fluent manner, I am aware that there might be some minor grammar errors. I believe my personal statement and other application materials demonstrate my writing abilities effectively.

I'm curious to know how significant the LSAT writing section is in the admissions process. Should I consider rewriting it to improve my chances? 

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

As far as I'm aware, no school in Canada looks at LSAT Writing. It is simply something that is required by LSAC to do in order to get your LSAT score reported.

CF0808
  • Applicant

Can only speak on UBC but not sure if you are applying but one of the rep told me that it is rarely looked at. Usually to compare your PS to ensure that the writing style and quality matches. 

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
On 12/10/2023 at 7:23 PM, CF0808 said:

Usually to compare your PS to ensure that the writing style and quality matches. 

This would shock me if true. There is a world of difference between a hastily handwritten response to a prompt and a meticulously planned, written, edited and proofread PS.

I don't think the writing sample should be skipped, but anything coherent is almost certainly fine from my understanding.

Edited by chaboywb
  • Like 1

Shawunnssssiin

On 12/14/2023 at 11:15 PM, chaboywb said:

This would shock me if true. There is a world of difference between a hastily handwritten response to a prompt and a meticulously planned, written, edited and proofread PS.

I don't think the writing sample should be skipped, but anything coherent is almost certainly fine from my understanding.

I don't think anyone would have a bigger difference between a hastily LSAT writing and a meticulously edited Statement than me, an international student. Yet, I still managed to get into Osgoode in the first wave of admissions. Therefore, I believe LSAT writing isn't that important, at least at Osgoode. I hope this information can help you.

Edited by Shawunnssssiin