Chances - cGPA/L3/B3: 3.30 B2/L2: 3.57 LSAT: 160, 167

sentfromtrash

sentfromtrash
  • Law School Admit

OLSAS gpa's were posted and now im feeling extremely disheartened about my chances and now I want the cold, hard truth about my chances to be more realistic about my future. Applied to UWO, Queens, Osgoode, UofT, Windsor, Ottawa. I know UofT is pretty much out of the picture, and potentially Osgoode, but was hoping I may have a chance at the other schools. 

Work experience; Did co-op throughout undergrad and worked at two big law firms as part of this (around 1.5 years), where my work reference letter is from one of them. Softs; exec member of law/advocacy club and exec member on other clubs unrelated to law, minimal volunteer experience, all of it within the school. I think I had a pretty good personal statement!

I don't know if this is relevant at all (or if this is looked at in the admissions consideration process), but I switched from a science undergrad to an arts undergrad within my second year, where my grades have since improved markedly. 

Excited0L
  • Applicant
36 minutes ago, sentfromtrash said:

OLSAS gpa's were posted and now im feeling extremely disheartened about my chances and now I want the cold, hard truth about my chances to be more realistic about my future. Applied to UWO, Queens, Osgoode, UofT, Windsor, Ottawa. I know UofT is pretty much out of the picture, and potentially Osgoode, but was hoping I may have a chance at the other schools. 

Work experience; Did co-op throughout undergrad and worked at two big law firms as part of this (around 1.5 years), where my work reference letter is from one of them. Softs; exec member of law/advocacy club and exec member on other clubs unrelated to law, minimal volunteer experience, all of it within the school. I think I had a pretty good personal statement!

I don't know if this is relevant at all (or if this is looked at in the admissions consideration process), but I switched from a science undergrad to an arts undergrad within my second year, where my grades have since improved markedly. 

I would agree and say UofT is a no.

Western and Queens: I would give you a good shot at just because your lsat should make up for your GPA in my opinion and they look at L2 and B2 respectively.

Ottawa you are well over for the LSAT but it is a CGPA school so i would say maybe.

Windsor I don't know too much about but I heard it is more holistic so I would say in but again this one is very much a shot in the dark for me.

Osgoode is holistic and looks at CGPA but honestly don't lose hope on it just yet. I have seen people with stats just a bit higher than yours get into Osgoode and of course, you can't know about all the edge cases that have gotten in from friends and online forums. 

Overall, if you just want to get into an Ontario-based Canadian Law school, I would say based on your stats you will get that! I hope this helps. Good luck!

Edited by Excited0L

sentfromtrash
  • Law School Admit
4 minutes ago, Excited0L said:

I would agree and say UofT is a no.

Western and Queens: I would give you a good shot at just because your lsat should make up for your GPA in my opinion and they look at L2 and B2 respectively.

Ottawa you are well over for the LSAT but it is a CGPA school so i would say maybe.

Windsor I don't know too much about but I heard it is more holistic so I would say in but again this one is very much a shot in the dark for me.

Osgoode is holistic and looks at CGPA but honestly don't lose hope on it just yet. I have seen people with stats just a bit higher than yours get into Osgoode and ofcour you can't know about all the edge cases that have gotten in from friends and online forums. 

Overall, if you just want to get into an Ontario-based Canadian Law school, I would say based on your stats you will get that! I hope this helps. Good luck!

Very helpful and thank you for your honesty! I think i'm catastrophizing right now and that I'm only looking at the negatives in my application and not the positives. Good luck to you as well!!

• Like 1