Does Adcom see the same transcript we see?

Dghoul

Dghoul
  • Applicant

Asking this because GPA is out on OLSAS and it is slightly off from my calculation, which is what showed on my UofT transcript. It is 0.01 point lower. Can't figure out where the difference comes from. 

I calculated cGPA using the calculator from this forum. Ordered my transcript from UofT using parchment which shows percentage scores on all courses. I used the "Toronto (percentage)" option in the calculator and the calculated the cGPA is exactly the same as my transcript shows. Now given the OLSAS cGPA is different, what worries me is whether the transcripts as seen by OLSAS and adcom is different, maybe just showing letter grades without the percentage scores. Which leads to this "round off" error? Does anyone have any information on this regard? I am low key anxious about it because the percentage score is very important in my case. It paints very different picture about my academics and part of my PS depends on it. 

scooter
  • Law Student

I cannot imagine any scenario where a 0.01 difference in your GPA paints a "very different picture" about your academics

• LOL 1

Dghoul
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, scooter said:

I cannot imagine any scenario where a 0.01 difference in your GPA paints a "very different picture" about your academics

Sorry, maybe I didn't express it well. It's not the 0.01 GPA difference, it is whether the transcript adcom sees has the percentage scores-- the same transcript that I see-- paints a very different story. 

Edited by Dghoul

scooter
  • Law Student

Ahh my bad. You could message OLSAS through the Secure Applicant Messaging tool and they would probably tell you. 

• Thanks 1

Dghoul
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, scooter said:

Ahh my bad. You could message OLSAS through the Secure Applicant Messaging tool and they would probably tell you. 

Thank you. Just found out the transcript can be checked out under academic history, view transcript. They do show the percentage scores.

• Like 1