Chances 3.66 GPA, 151 LSAT

mothercat

mothercat
  • Applicant

3.66 OLSAS GPA and 151 LSAT. Rewriting in Jan and applied access. Also does anyone know if a Masters helps the process or not? Most schools do not count the grades but I am just curious..

lawyersarecool
  • Applicant

Hi, 

Most law schools view a master's degree as a positive factor in your application. They certainly won't ignore the fact that you have one, even if they don't count the grades. I had to write the LSAT three times before getting a score in the 160+ range. Keep working hard and you'll get a decent score! 

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

I've seen lower stats get accepted but I'd say you almost certainly need to increase your LSAT to stand a reasonable chance at any school. Your GPA is good but not good enough to overcome a sub-50th percentile LSAT. Fortunately, it's easier to improve LSAT than to fix a low GPA. Best of luck in January.

Edited by chaboywb