4 courses during undergrad

inchworm

inchworm
  • Applicant

I'm an applicant with very competitive stats (I think), and have not heard from any of the schools I applied to. It seems like people with stats very similar to mine are receiving offers every day. I am starting to feel pretty hopeless and concerned that some aspect of my application is turning schools away from me.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that I took 4 courses/semester throughout the entirety of my second and third year of undergrad, mostly because I had many credits transfer from HS and did not need to take additional courses to meet requirements. I am aware that some variation of this question has probably been posed before, but I hear different things all the time. I'd appreciate honest answers.

scooter
  • Law Student

It's December 13th, you need to set realistic expectations with yourself and acknowledge that even with strong stats you might not be accepted until March or April. There is an element of randomness to who gets reviewed and admitted first. Schools don't accept, or even review, everyone with the same stats at the exact same time.

This has nothing to do with your course load. As long as you were a full-time student they don't care if you took four courses or five.

• Like 2

inchworm
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, scooter said:

It's December 13th, you need to set realistic expectations with yourself and acknowledge that even with strong stats you might not be accepted until March or April. There is an element of randomness to who gets reviewed and admitted first. Schools don't accept, or even review, everyone with the same stats at the exact same time.

This has nothing to do with your course load. As long as you were a full-time student they don't care if you took four courses or five.

thank you, I appreciate the reassurance. have a nice evening

• Like 1

LawSchoolJones
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, inchworm said:

I'm an applicant with very competitive stats (I think), and have not heard from any of the schools I applied to. It seems like people with stats very similar to mine are receiving offers every day. I am starting to feel pretty hopeless and concerned that some aspect of my application is turning schools away from me.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that I took 4 courses/semester throughout the entirety of my second and third year of undergrad, mostly because I had many credits transfer from HS and did not need to take additional courses to meet requirements. I am aware that some variation of this question has probably been posed before, but I hear different things all the time. I'd appreciate honest answers.

To add on: I did 4 courses a semester my first three, but the rest 6 were some combinations of 4, 3, and even 2 courses, and I got accepted. One of the recruiters from UBC (but I'm sure it applies everywhere too) said they only really care if you took like 6+ years to complete your degree with like 2 courses a semester. Beyond that, they don't care. 

• Like 1