Others getting acceptances that went into the queue around the same time as you

blue134

blue134
  • Applicant

I went into queue on 12/05 and I've been seeing a lot of those accepted so far in the thread also went into queue on the same dates. 

What does this mean? Have I messed up somehow? Are they just not sure and want to come back to my application? Is there a chance I get lost in all the applications and they sort of forget about me as they keep moving forward? Have they already put me in the rejected pile and just aren't ready to send out those messages yet? 

My mind is running all over the place so any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Dghoul
  • Applicant

Don't overthink it. The admission process is such a black box that there is no point in trying to decipher it. I have been in queue since Nov 27, with what in my opinion reasonable stats, but still nothing from Osgoode. I know this is probably not helping, but dwelling on if there is anything I messed up is not going to achieve anything except stress yourself out. Try to relax and enjoy the holidays. It will come afterwards.

BigRed
  • Applicant

Hi there,

Although the stress of waiting is particularly poignant especially at the start, it’s best to just let it go and enjoy your days! Acceptances aren’t always dependent on the time you submit your app. They’re based on stats, competitiveness of the current cycle, PS, etc. Keep your head up and stay patient - hope many A’s are in your future.

scooter
  • Law Student

Being in queue is meaningless. If you search through this forum, you'll see many threads where people are trying to discern what it means. As far as anyone can tell, there is no correlation between when you go into queue and when you get accepted. This is the most credible comment about the queue: 

"I say this every year: as a former adcom member, your time in queue has, to my knowledge, no connection to your chances of admission or when you might get an offer. People have gotten in without ever having been told they were in the queue. People have gotten in immediately after being put into queue. Some wait weeks or months. The scores of these folks are high and low and everything in between. My advice is to ignore the queue and stop looking for patterns. The school has your application! They will look at it and make a decision. I promise."

• Like 1

lawstudent2024
  • Applicant

I’m dealing with same worry people who got in queue with same stats or lower received offers although I went in queue weeks ago. I’m really worried 😞 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

platossymposium
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, lawstudent2024 said:

I’m dealing with same worry people who got in queue with same stats or lower received offers although I went in queue weeks ago. I’m really worried 😞 

Same here! 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

lawstudent2024
  • Applicant

But I know the website and brochure says that most receive an offer in Jan and Feb, does this mean we don’t need to worry yet?

• Hugs 1