NCA Exams - AMA

beepboop

beepboop
  • Articling Student

I went to school in the US with the intention of coming back to Canada to article/practice and I recently completed my NCA exams and the LRW course. I secured an articling position earlier this year during the "formal" recruit and will be starting my articles next year (2024). There isn't much information out there for current or future NCA candidates and the whole process can be overwhelming, so I would be happy to answer any questions the best I can based on my experience for those curious! My PM's are also open too. 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Lavi
  • NCA Candidate

Hello, I just gave my first constitution exam. I was just wandering that what is adequate word count for answer in constitution law. The max limit was 10000 words and I just wrote 900 words in 45 mark question. What was your experience? 

beepboop
  • Articling Student

@Lavi obviously for a 45 mark question, I would expect a response to be longer than one worth 10 marks, but I wouldn’t get hung on if you had a high enough word count in your answer. As per the syllabus, the NCA is looking to see if you can identify constitutional issues, state and apply the applicable rules while citing relevant provisions and leading case law, and provide an analysis that supports your conclusion. If you demonstrate this, then the amount of words is irrelevant. Hope this helps.

• Like 1