chance me pls! cGPA 3.3 LSAT 157

ema white

ema white
  • Applicant

Hi guys! Im currently in my 4th year of university, majoring in Neuroscience, with a cGPA of 3.3 and L2 and B2 GPA of 3.84. I struggled in my first two years of university, so my grades were very low (getting c's, d's and 2 f's). I've had a huge improvement at the end of 2nd year, showing an upward trend in my grades. I've been apart of my school's faculty of science club as an executive for 2 years in a row and have also worked for a criminal defense and family attorney. I also worked 2 part-time jobs throughout my whole undergrad. One of my jobs was a medical receptionist where I worked for roughly a year, and my second job was a kids soccer coach, which is where I still presently work. I also have experience working at a retirement home as a dietary aide, I worked there for 3 years and also had some casual part time retail jobs when I was younger. I don't have any extensive experience working in the justice system which Is why I'm worried I won't stand out as an applicant. 

I scored a 157 on the LSAT and I'm hoping to get into Osgoode, TMU, or Ottawa. What are my chances? 

Edited by ema white
  • Like 1

• ema white changed the title to chance me pls! cGPA 3.3 LSAT 157
toby1994
  • Law Student

You have a solid chance at schools that only consider your best two years of undergrad, and I think your professional experience will strengthen your chances for TMU. I’d try to get a higher LSAT if you’re set on Osgoode or a school that uses cumulative gpa. Best of luck! 

The Cola Litigator
  • Applicant

I agree with toby1994. Schools that consider your last 2 years should be prioritized. That said im not sure about osgoode being out of reach. I dont know enough to be sure, but my understanding is that they are very holistic. it says generally 3.7+ is competitive in their website though. higher LSAT, along with the clear upward trend should help.