Chance Me

Slippin Jimmy

Slippin Jimmy
  • Undergrad

Hey, I've applied to uOttawa and TMU, was wondering what my chances were applied through the Access/General categories. 

Pretty Good Softs, Referees are 2 profs, and a MP/Attorney Gen.

My CGPA is a 3.06 but those are from earlier years, I don't know what my L2/B2 are but I've improved in later years. 

My LSAT will be next week and I'm at 150 right now for PTs. was wondering my chances. 

((Side Questions, I was diagnosed with a Disease and spent most of my University career undiagnosed and it impacted attendence which impacted grades, I don't think I submitted good enough proof of this, can I submit more and talk about it more or is it too late?))

Yogurt Baron

Those stats will not be competitive for any general category, and access admissions are unpredictable - I tend to cheerlead for access applicants, but I'm not optimistic unless you can make a really good case that your Disease caused really subpar performance on both your grades and your LSAT. (And a 150 is quite low by the standards of who's admissible.)

Slippin Jimmy
  • Undergrad

Thank you for responding, is there a way to talk more about it? Applications have been submitted already 

Yogurt Baron

Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't applied in many, many years.

When I said you need to make a good case, my point wasn't "you need to find some way to make your case"---it was "your case would need to be damn good".

I do wish you luck, anyhow.

4 hours ago, Slippin Jimmy said:

Hey, I've applied to uOttawa and TMU, was wondering what my chances were applied through the Access/General categories. 

Pretty Good Softs, Referees are 2 profs, and a MP/Attorney Gen.

My CGPA is a 3.06 but those are from earlier years, I don't know what my L2/B2 are but I've improved in later years. 

My LSAT will be next week and I'm at 150 right now for PTs. was wondering my chances. 

((Side Questions, I was diagnosed with a Disease and spent most of my University career undiagnosed and it impacted attendence which impacted grades, I don't think I submitted good enough proof of this, can I submit more and talk about it more or is it too late?))

Hard to say without a definite LSAT score. If you get a 150 your odds are not amazing. In fact they're fairly low. If that's the result you might need to think about reapplying. 

If you do reapply then you should include medical documentation and use a stream that takes into account the circumstances of your undergrad degree.