Chance Me :))) cGPA: 3.63 LSAT: 157

Coco28

I know these posts are annoying but I'm just wanting to be manage my expectations because the influx of A's has me sad 😞

Applied to: Western, Queens, Ottawa, Osgoode, UBC, Uvic, UofC (My top choices are definitely Queens and Osgoode, will be happy with Western and Ottawa too, the others seem like a long shot), applied general to all.

cGPA (OLSAS calculated): 3.63, BA Hons in Sociology and Criminology from Western

B2: 3.7

LSAT: 157, retaking in Jan and hoping for a 160-162 realistically

Softs: Lots of extracurriculars in undergrad - I was a part of a club for all 4 years and became President of that club, excellent LORs (I saw them before they were submitted), valuable volunteer experience at the Women's Shelter, and I made sure to tailor my PS to each school and highlighted my strengths.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING THIS CYCLE ❤️

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

Based on my own research:

With current stats: 

Ottawa strong chance. 

Queens late A/waitlist; it will entirely depend on the strength of this year's applicant pool which is tough to gauge until January LSAT scores are returned. 

Osgoode & U of C waitlist or R - you're too far below both medians.

UBC, UVic, Western - R, Western and UBC are a 'stats' heavy school, and UBC's medians are 83% cGPA and 166 LSAT - and even this doesn't guarantee admission since it is incredibly competitive. 

With hypothetical stats:

Ottawa in.

Queens strong chance. 

Western strong chance. 

U of C strong chance. 

Oz late acceptance or waitlist - cGPA median is 3.71.

UVic & UBC are still an R. 

Good luck OP! I'm sure you'll get in somewhere, and your background is super interesting. It's good that you leaned into your softs for your PS. 

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

As the current stats stand, I wouldn't consider Queen's a late A. Their LSAT average is typically the same as Western/Osgoode's and the school doesn't really like admitting general applicants with LSAT's below 159-160. A waitlist or R is much more likely.

If OP was to get a 160, they have a much stronger chance. If they were to get a 162, they are likely in.

Edited by Chef Justice
  • Like 1

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit
5 minutes ago, Chef Justice said:

As the current stats stand, I wouldn't consider Queen's a late A.

I tend to agree, but I was reticent to say 'R' since the COVID law school wave of applications has generally died down and I assumed OP's median cGPA and tailored PS could make their profile stand out.  

Edited by MyWifesBoyfriend

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

Queen's isn't a CGPA school and their B2 typically sits arounds a 3.75-3.8 and their LSAT around 161-162. With a 3.7 B2 and a 157, OP is under both medians even during a regular admissions cycle, which makes me lean towards R instead of A.

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Chef Justice said:

B2 typically sits arounds a 3.75-3.8 and their LSAT around 161-162. With a 3.7 B2 and a 157, OP is under both medians even during a regular admissions cycle, which makes me lean towards R instead of A

Apologies, I meant B2, not cGPA, in my original post. I forgot to proofread!