How the Provisionally Accepted work?

Lararine

Lararine

Hi people, Just a quick question:

I received an offer from Windsor in Dec, and I really appreciate it, I have provisionally accepted the offer on OLSAS.

However, I want to wait to hear back from Osgoode still since it's my dream school.

The offer said "Be sure to formally accept this offer on the Ontario Law School Admission Service (OLSAS)

system by your expiry date: Apr 1, 2024". Does it mean I need to accept the offer firmly on OLSAS by Apr 1st,  or I can wait till July 1st as the offer will be firmed automatically on OLSAS?

Thanks so much for your insight!

Kobe
  • Law Student

Might be worth checking with OLSAS/Windsor but when I applied you could just ride the provisional acceptance until July 1st. I kept my provisional acceptance past April 1st and only formally accepted after hearing back from all schools. Things can change and maybe Windsor has done something different but that's how it worked for me

• Thanks 1

scooter
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Lararine said:

The offer said "Be sure to formally accept this offer on the Ontario Law School Admission Service (OLSAS)

system by your expiry date: Apr 1, 2024".

Pretty sure that in this context, formally accept = provisional or firm accept by April 1

If they meant firm accept, they would have said firm accept

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lararine
32 minutes ago, Kobe said:

Might be worth checking with OLSAS/Windsor but when I applied you could just ride the provisional acceptance until July 1st. I kept my provisional acceptance past April 1st and only formally accepted after hearing back from all schools. Things can change and maybe Windsor has done something different but that's how it worked for me

Thank you so much!

I did think about checking with the school but I couldn't get over the awkward feeling of asking such question. It's a good idea to check with OLSAS though I will do that!😇

25 minutes ago, scooter said:

Pretty sure that in this context, formally accept = provisional or firm accept by April 1

If they meant firm accept, they would have said firm accept

Good to know that, thank you!😁