CGPA 3.98/4.0 OLSAS GPA 3.91/4.0 LSAT 153

lpa

Applied to Osgoode, uOttawa, Queens, Dalhousie, uAlberta, & uCalgary

Decent softs - publication & 3 years of work experience  

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

With such a great GPA, you have a chance for uOttawa as it is very cGPA focused. However, if you could get your GPA to even a 158, I think you'd have a very strong shot at Ottawa and perhaps Queens/Osgoode. I'm not too sure about non-Ontario schools but I think a 158 would give you a chance with them as well. Obviously, the higher the better.

10 hours ago, The Cola Litigator said:

fix your lsat and apply to Yale you goof

If you're not joking, this a ridiculous post. Beyond the obvious that not all Canadians want to go to U.S. schools, there is a world of difference between a 153 and a competitive LSAT for HYS.

Edited by chaboywb
  • Like 3

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
45 minutes ago, WiseGhost said:

I get @The Cola Litigator's sentiment though. If you want choices, just fix your LSAT. 

"I have a 3.3 GPA and 161 LSAT, what are my chances of getting into Western?"

"Just improve your GPA to a 4.0 and your LSAT to a 175 and go to Harvard, bro."

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, WiseGhost said:

I get @The Cola Litigator's sentiment though. If you want choices, just fix your LSAT. 

I think that goes without saying though. The core issue is that @The Cola Litigator responded in a flippant way to OP's chances inquiry. I'd doubt they'd  be appreciative if other posters responded to their questions about Western Law in a similar manner. 

The Cola Litigator
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, chaboywb said:

With such a great GPA, you have a chance for uOttawa as it is very cGPA focused. However, if you could get your GPA to even a 158, I think you'd have a very strong shot at Ottawa and perhaps Queens/Osgoode. I'm not too sure about non-Ontario schools but I think a 158 would give you a chance with them as well. Obviously, the higher the better.

If you're not joking, this a ridiculous post. Beyond the obvious that not all Canadians want to go to U.S. schools, there is a world of difference between a 153 and a competitive LSAT for HYS.

I was joking lmao. 

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
11 minutes ago, The Cola Litigator said:

I was joking lmao. 

You should forgive people for failing to recognize that given that your post was not funny at all.

• LOL 3

The Cola Litigator
  • Applicant

6 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

You should forgive people for failing to recognize that given that your post was not funny at all.

Whatever shall I do now that a couple of strangers on a forum known for being uptight didnt find my 5 second 0 effort comment funny.

Do you need the /s for this?

Edited by The Cola Litigator
  • LOL 1

The Cola Litigator
  • Applicant

I think you will have a good shot at all the schools you applied to. Like @chaboywb said, Uottawa is very GPA centric so you have a good shot there. Queens calculates based on top 2 Years https://law.queensu.ca/admissions/jd/admissions-process/first-year/admission-categories. So, your gpa is likely to increase even more. the other schools, Dalhousie, uAlberta, & uCalgary, I do not know much about so I do not want to comment, but as I am sure you already know your gpa is above their medians.  

Sorry about the Yale comment, I didnt think it was that deep and absolutely as some of the others have been quick to point out, not everyone is interested in going to the states along with a multitude of other reasons for why one would reasonably pick the schools you applied to over state schools, including Yale. That said, your lsat is definitely on the weak side. If things dont work out this cycle, seriously reconsider retaking the LSAT. You still have competitive stats though, so all the best to you. 

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit
18 minutes ago, The Cola Litigator said:

Do you need the /s for this?

Without making this a tar-and-feather thread, I just want to give you a heads up that this isn't reddit. This is a forum tailored towards professionals and people interested in pursuing law. It isn't 'up-tight', people just generally expect higher quality posts and debate pertaining to law admissions, law school, and legal practice. Many people (myself included) rely on this forum for guidance. 

The Cola Litigator
  • Applicant
Just now, MyWifesBoyfriend said:

Without making this a tar-and-feather thread, I just want to give you a heads up that this isn't reddit. This is a forum tailored towards professionals and people interested in pursuing law. It isn't 'up-tight', people just generally expect higher quality posts and debate pertaining to law admissions, law school, and legal practice. Many people (myself included) rely on this forum for guidance. 

Okay, I have just given my more serious answer to the discussion post as well if you want to check it out. Sorry about that. My answers will be more high effort giving forward. 🙂 

scooter
  • Law Student

I wouldn't say uOttawa is "GPA centric". The school looks at overall CGPA, rather than something like B2 or L2. But when looking at the comparative weight Ottawa gives to CGPA vs LSAT, I don't think there is anything to support that they treat these two metrics differently from other schools.