Lower Second LSAT Score

law137

law137
  • Law School Admit

I took the LSAT in November and scored a 159. Hypothetically, if I get a 158 or 157 lets say on the January LSAT (I wrote it today), would that look bad on my application to the admissions teams at Canadian Law Schools.

For reference my GPA is:
- For Ontario schools, I've applied to UOttawa, Osgoode, Queens, and Western. cGPA 3.58, L2/B2: 3.67
- I also applied to UBC (84.49%), Dal (3.82/4.3), UVic (3.87/4.3), UofCalgary (3.72), and UofA (3.72). In brackets, I put the corresponding GPAs I have that would be calculated by the admissions teams.

I would appreciate any advice/insight anyone has. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
LegallyBrownxoxo
  • Applicant

Why not just delete the second score if it's lower?

scooter
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, LegallyBrownxoxo said:

Why not just delete the second score if it's lower?

Only an option if you purchase Score Preview. OP, if you haven't already, I would suggest looking into this if you're worried. You probably have to do it ASAP, there will be a deadline coming up. It costs $75 but will give you some peace of mind that you can cancel after seeing your score.

law137
  • Law School Admit

Yeah I think I will buy score preview. Deadline to purchase is Jan 29. Does it look bad if I cancel the second score? Let's say i get a 158, would it be better to keep it or cancel?

Edited by law137

SmallBart
  • Law School Admit

Keep in mind that law schools will know that you canceled the score; it will appear in your report as a cancelled score. if you're only a point or two lower it would almost certainly be better to just leave it.

SmallBart
  • Law School Admit
27 minutes ago, scooter said:

Law schools don’t care about one cancelled score. 

Having no experience with the inner workings of a law school admissions office this all feels a bit like divination, but I'd guess that they would care as little or less about a subsequent score being 1-2 points lower.