Looking for non legal advice from lawyer

SummerhillGirl

SummerhillGirl
  • Applicant

Have a career related question that has nothing to do with legal advice, it is quite specific to my situation and it likely does not apply to many of the forum here.

Would any practising lawyer on this forum be willing be listen to the career path I am on and give me their thoughts on next steps? 

Thank you

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

A lot of lawyers (and law students, who are often actually much more helpful than lawyers for issues facing applications) are willing to answer questions.

With that said, I am not sure how likely you are to get meaningful help out of this post. That's for two reasons.

First, you have given no context about your situation, and so no one here can evaluate whether they would be able to help you. If your issue is quire specific to your situation, as you say it is, then it's unlikely that any generic lawyer would be able to help.

Second, a lot of us have a strong preference for answering questions publicly on the forum, rather than via direct message. The idea of the forum is that it gathers knowledge and information both for the individuals asking the question and users who happen to view it days/weeks/months later. That utility is lost if helpful advice is imparted by way of a DM.

For example, my general policy for advising via DM is that unless the question is so sensitive and identifying that I can understand why someone wouldn't want to post it even anonymously, I ask for the user to post their question and offer to respond to it publicly once they have. 

My advice would be to post your question publicly, or at least provide sufficient details for people to determine whether they have a reasonable chance of being able to help you. 

• Like 8