Transfer 2024

washedballer

washedballer
  • Law Student

Hi all,

Current 1L student outside of Alberta, and wondering if there are any students who have transferred to U of A, or anywhere else for that matter that can shed some light on the process. I see that they take in compelling circumstances as well as the ability to succeed, but I'm wondering if there is any clarity ono what that looks like?

FWIW after midterm round 1 I have an A- average, so hoping to stay in that range or B+ average range come finals time. I also believe I have compelling circs, as my wife is currently still working at home in Edmonton, we own our house there, all family ties there and will be returning to work there. Should I be hopeful? Of course, planning for the worst and being away for the next couple of years, but haven't been able to find any real information on who transfers in on a year to year basis.

Thanks!