Constitutional Law

CuriousLad

CuriousLad
  • Undergrad

Is there a law school that is best known for its constitutional law, or is every school fairly reputable in terms of their coverage on this subject? I think Queen’s is known for providing a good foundation on constitutional law, but I may be wrong. Only asking so that I can figure out where I should apply next year! 

ZineZ
  • Lawyer
On 1/23/2024 at 11:11 PM, CuriousLad said:

Is there a law school that is best known for its constitutional law, or is every school fairly reputable in terms of their coverage on this subject? I think Queen’s is known for providing a good foundation on constitutional law, but I may be wrong. Only asking so that I can figure out where I should apply next year! 

This is an interesting question. Why only constitutional law? Is the idea to try becoming a government lawyer? 

The reason I ask is that I'd encourage you to widen scope when thinking about how to apply for schools. Single topics are an interesting consideration - but you usually need a more holistic approach about what you want to achieve

• Like 1

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

There are very few lawyers that only do constitutional law. Furthermore, almost every law student changes their mind about what they are interested in over the course of their studies. 

Four Strong Winds

UofA has ticked all the boxes for me. The conlaw group there has several famous academics. The school has produced some of the most important figures in our constitutional history in the last 25 years. Remember that Alberta is always on the bleeding edge of federalism problems as well.

The old law schools in the East are also fantastic. If it's a serious interest of yours, try to get a sense of which schools are producing the most influential scholarship and/or graduates. Not every place takes the more scholarly side as seriously so you might be able to pick out a few that work for you. 

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
27 minutes ago, Four Strong Winds said:

UofA has ticked all the boxes for me. The conlaw group there has several famous academics. The school has produced some of the most important figures in our constitutional history in the last 25 years. Remember that Alberta is always on the bleeding edge of federalism problems as well.

lol

It's a good school but calm down.

• LOL 1
  • Hugs 1

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

Alberta is always on the bleeding edge of federalism problems as well

8elog0.jpg.582465214d44e639e86d020c8548dbc9.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Nom! 1