Ottawa Recruit

surf2020

surf2020
  • Law School Admit

Hey has anyone heard anything from the Ottawa recruit firms about OCIs? Or where to check for OCIs offered?

Thanks!

non-monogamist
  • Law Student

I believe that it depends on the school you attend. AFAIK there are far too many students participating in OCIs for a law firm to interview students from every school on the same day. 

I would contact your law school’s career development office for an exact date, but if you want to estimate you should be mindful of the fact that in-firms take place during the 3rd and 4th week of February and call-day is Friday March 1st. Monday Feb.19th is Family Day so in-firms will likely start on Tuesday Feb. 20th

Given that firms should give us at least a week to prepare for in-firms, and decide who makes the cut from OCIs, I would guess that the latest possible date that OCIs would probably take place at your school is the week of Feb. 12th, with the more likely option being the week of Feb.5th

There are rumours that some firms started sending out OCI/first interview offers, but I have not heard anything and am in the same boat as you. I know it’s hard, but I’m trying to stay patient and positive as well. 

non-monogamist
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, Debtful said:

There are 4 firms i have heard that sent out ITCs

Which firms? I thought all firms were supposed to send them out at the same time?

scooter
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, non-monogamist said:

I thought all firms were supposed to send them out at the same time?

ITC = intent to call

ITC in this context (pre-OCIs) means firms are letting you know that they intend to offer you an OCI spot. The actual OCI offer and scheduling still happens on whatever day they all come out through your school's career services. ITC after OCIs happen means firms are letting you know that they intend to call you on call day to offer an in-firm interview.

non-monogamist
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, scooter said:

ITC = intent to call

ITC in this context (pre-OCIs) means firms are letting you know that they intend to offer you an OCI spot. The actual OCI offer and scheduling still happens on whatever day they all come out through your school's career services. ITC after OCIs happen means firms are letting you know that they intend to call you on call day to offer an in-firm interview.

Ok that makes sense. Now I’m just wondering which firms sent out emails letting people know they were offered an OCI.