LSAT: 155 Cgpa: 3.61 decent softs

Lawschoolfuckup

Lawschoolfuckup
  • Applicant

Hello, I know I have abysmal stats, just wondering if I have a shot at any school. I applied to uofa, uofc, lakehead, UBC, Dalhousie, Manitoba, osgoode, ottawa, queens, sask, thompson, and windsor. I did work experience, tutoring, and volunteer for softs. I’m also a discretionary candidate if that matters.

Lawschoolfuckup
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, AliMP said:

Are you a Sask resident? 

Your stats seem pretty good to me! 

No I’m an Albertan resident, and thank you! I appreciate hearing that. I hope a selection committee feels the same way lol

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

Just to start, you're not a fuckup. No one is defined by their stats. 

As far as chances go, your GPA is high enough, but your LSAT is iffy. Applying as broadly as you have definitely improves your odds of getting an acceptance -- I've seen a good number of applicants getting acceptances at Lakehead and Windsor with similar stats. Other schools are more of a question mark, but you only need one acceptance. 

If you don't get in this cycle I'd strongly recommend focusing on the LSAT because even a 2-3 point increase would strengthen your candidacy. 

Lawschoolfuckup
  • Applicant
21 minutes ago, WiseGhost said:

Just to start, you're not a fuckup. No one is defined by their stats. 

As far as chances go, your GPA is high enough, but your LSAT is iffy. Applying as broadly as you have definitely improves your odds of getting an acceptance -- I've seen a good number of applicants getting acceptances at Lakehead and Windsor with similar stats. Other schools are more of a question mark, but you only need one acceptance. 

If you don't get in this cycle I'd strongly recommend focusing on the LSAT because even a 2-3 point increase would strengthen your candidacy. 

First of all, Thank you. For your kind words and helpful advice. I’ll definitely focus on LSAT to better my candidacy. I appreciate you taking the time to write this post.

• Like 1