Should I cancel a low score I got twice?

lawloops

lawloops
  • Applicant

I have a 149, 146 and another 146. I have score preview, so would it be a good idea to cancel that second 146? I understand that the score is low and will be retaking after a good time of studying. Just thinking if it'd do me any good to cancel. Thanks 

Unless you apply to one of the few schools that averages LSAT scores (is that even a thing anymore?) there isn't much value in cancelling. 

I know conceptually it seems like those low scores would factor in but believe me when I say it won't matter. If they take your highest score, they take your highest score. Full stop. 

• Like 1

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
19 hours ago, LMP said:

Unless you apply to one of the few schools that averages LSAT scores (is that even a thing anymore?) there isn't much value in cancelling. 

I know conceptually it seems like those low scores would factor in but believe me when I say it won't matter. If they take your highest score, they take your highest score. Full stop. 

On the other hand, is there any value to NOT cancelling a lower score? Even though there's a miniscule chance it hurts OP, I don't see any point at all in having a lower score on record. 

Edited by chaboywb

D6PLYPDA
  • Applicant
On 2/2/2024 at 9:32 AM, chaboywb said:

On the other hand, is there any value to NOT cancelling a lower score? Even though there's a miniscule chance it hurts OP, I don't see any point at all in having a lower score on record. 

Well, one of the 146s is gonna be there either way, so there will be a lower score on record. All canceling will do is run the risk of making people wonder if they got like a 135 or something 

• Like 1