CGPA: 3.5 L2/B2: 3.75 LSAT: 166 UBC-85% with drops

LawHopeful77

LawHopeful77
  • Applicant

Hi, I just got back the Jan LSAT and was wondering if people could chance me based on my stats and being a bit of a late applicant because of the Jan LSAT.

Schools I applied to:

Ontario: Osgoode, Western, Queens, Ottawa

Alberta: UAlberta, UCalgary

BC: UBC, UVic, TRU

NS: Dal U

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

I think you are a lock for Ottawa, Queens and Western and highly likely for Osgoode. I had similar stats once upon a time (though a lower L2, as my grades were a consistent ~3.5 throughout undergrad) and I got into those four schools early in the admissions cycle.

Unsure about non-Ontario schools but I think you will get into most of them.

Simon
  • Undergrad

Good chances for UBC, although you may be waitlisted for the late write. 

MintGirly
  • Law School Admit

Congrats on a great Jan LSAT

Western, Queens, Ottawa: I'd put you in at all 3 and very competitive for Osgoode

Alberta: I'd put you in here, cant wrap my head around Calgary's waitlist and rejection threads so no comment

Dal: Definitely

pastmidnight
  • Law Student

You have a decent shot at all the schools you applied to. I’m not convinced that taking the January LSAT hurts one’s chances at most schools. Schools admit in waves in part because a lot of students don’t take the LSAT until the fall/January of the cycle they’re applying in, and schools want the best candidates, regardless of when they take the LSAT. The big downside to taking the January LSAT is that it can (and likely will) take schools longer to get back to you than if you had taken the LSAT over the summer or in the fall.

The biggest ‘flaw’ in your application is that your L2 is lower than (some) schools like to see (usually they want around a 3.7), but I’m guessing your cGPA is fairly high/consistent which will help mitigate that.

• Great Shot: Queen’s, Western, Ottawa, Dal, TRU
  • Good Shot: Osgoode, UVic, Alberta, Calgary
  • Coin Toss: UBC