Chance me please - in third year of undergrad

Meleven

Meleven
  • Applicant

Best LSAT - 160

OLSAS GPA - 3.85

Very good letters of reference and law-related work/volunteer experience. I would say good softs in general - president of student club, etc. I also think my personal statements are quite good. 

Retook the LSAT in January, was expecting a score of 165+ but to my surprise, I unfortunately bombed it, so im sticking with my 160 now. 

Not sure if that will be enough especially considering im only in my third year. I'd really appreciate any input, so I can better gauge my expectations for this cycle. I applied to osgoode, queens, tmu, and uft. 

Thank you in advance!

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit
11 minutes ago, Meleven said:

I unfortunately bombed it

While it may not be your goal, 160 for a first take is pretty good, and you should be proud. You'll have a lot less stress going into the next test knowing you have a decent fallback score. 

11 minutes ago, Meleven said:

I applied to osgoode, queens, tmu, and uft. 

U of T is an R.

Osgoode is a coin toss, but I'm erring on the side of an R as well.

Good chances with Queens.

Good chances with TMU. 

Third years typically need exceptional stats to be admitted early. 

Edit: There's no basis for this last claim. You'll have a strong chance at Queens and TMU for sure, and maybe late admit for Osgoode. 

Edited by MyWifesBoyfriend

Meleven
  • Applicant

Thank you for the response! The 160 was actually my second attempt though, and then I did terrible on my third attempt. So as much as im considering applying next cycle and hopefully scoring a better LSAT if I don't get into Osgoode now, it would be my 4th score, which from my understanding is not a good look on an application. 

thrill
  • Law Student

What the other post said seems accurate. You should take a hard look at what you're doing wrong with the LSAT prep and give it one last shot, IMO (I would rather wait another year than do Queens or TMU, but that's my personal preference)