Has Parkdale sent out invitations to interview yet?

purplecat

purplecat
  • Law Student

Heard back from CLASP and Disability Law Intensive but not Parkdale. Was really hoping to get an interview with them. 

Turtles
  • Law Student

Careful what you wish for. Of those three, Parkdale usually leads to the most aggressively negative stories when people recount their clinic experiences... but if you want it and have done your diligence, have fun.

Edited by Turtles

js99
  • Law Student
8 minutes ago, Turtles said:

Careful what you wish for. Of those three, Parkdale usually leads to the most aggressively negative stories when people recount their clinic experiences... but if you want it and have done your diligence, have fun.

For the record, this is subjective. I am not personally in any, but I know people in all three across various years. There are separate people I know who describe CLASP and the Disability Law program at ARCH "aggressively negatively" and people in certain divisions at Parkdale who absolutely loved it. It completely depends.

So, do not take away that CLASP or the Disability Law clinic or ADIP or whatever is going to give you a "better time" - they will all be challenging. The most important thing is to decide whether you're passionate enough about the focus area of the clinic to make that challenging, perhaps even frustrating, experience worth it.

• Thanks 1

Turtles
  • Law Student
38 minutes ago, js99 said:

For the record, this is subjective. I am not personally in any, but I know people in all three across various years. There are separate people I know who describe CLASP and the Disability Law program at ARCH "aggressively negatively" and people in certain divisions at Parkdale who absolutely loved it. It completely depends.

So, do not take away that CLASP or the Disability Law clinic or ADIP or whatever is going to give you a "better time" - they will all be challenging. The most important thing is to decide whether you're passionate enough about the focus area of the clinic to make that challenging, perhaps even frustrating, experience worth it.

And if you do it and have a good experience, share that so future clinic applicants can know. 

The important thing is simply to do your due diligence and talk to people so you know what you'd be getting yourself into before accepting.

• Like 1