Will the impending YorkU Strike affect Osgoode?

goodisgood

goodisgood
  • Law Student

I did a search and saw a topic from 2021 where it didn't seem like there was much/any substantial effect. Guessing nothing has changed but would love some confirmation.

My understanding is that there wouldn't be an impact. I certainly don't remember anything happening in 2021 (but that was a COVID year). 

• Like 1

Turtles
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, goodisgood said:

I did a search and saw a topic from 2021 where it didn't seem like there was much/any substantial effect. Guessing nothing has changed but would love some confirmation.

Don't worry, the Davies and Bennett Jones partners moonlighting as adjunct professors won't be striking in solidarity with the unionized grad students and TAs from York's faculty of social work.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

halamadrid
  • Law Student

I'm just wondering if there's going to be picket lines, etc. I went through the 2015 strike at UofT and the picket lines then were a pain in the ass. 

secunda
  • Law Student

this evening one of my professors let us know that their course will be moving to zoom as a result of the strike potentially affecting access to campus, not sure if other professors will do this as well

Propertylawnotmything
  • Law Student

This one class I am in got cancelled 3 times by the prof since the strike started. Are we supposed to be responsible for learning the missed content on our own? If anyone knows what happened to missed content in 2018 could shed some light that would be great!

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

You should ask your professor, rather than rely on what other professors might have done six years ago. 

Propertylawnotmything
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

You should ask your professor, rather than rely on what other professors might have done six years ago. 

That is fair. I have reached out to them but also wanted to know about the historical treatment. Thanks though!

• 1 month later...