Inquiry Regarding USask Acceptance Timeline and Rejection Notification Process

berry101

berry101
  • Applicant

Hello! I’m wondering if anyone has insight into the approximate timeline for when USask will be sending out acceptances? Additionally, are rejections typically sent out right away, or do they wait until the very end of the process?

Thank you!  

Wella645
  • Applicant

There have been some acceptances this cycle. I have not seen any rejections as of yet, but I’m not totally sure if that is because they haven’t been sent out, or if they haven’t been posted on threads like this! 
I also would love a timeline as the wait is so tough, but it’s hard to say. Judging by past years, I could see a wave of acceptances coming in next month, but who knows! 
best of luck 😄

• Thanks 1

RedHaring
  • Law School Admit

Just taking a quick look at the Rejected 2023, 2022, and 2021 threads, it looks like USask sent out rejection letters beginning in the first few days of May, with people being notified as late as June 29th. However, in 2021, the first rejection wasn't posted until late June, but that year was likely impacted by COVID, etc. 

I think acceptances are generally given out between December 1st all the way until pretty much the first day of classes/early September, but it looks like most acceptances past mid June-ish are off of the waitlist. 

I would say that there are is at least a couple more months before any rejections are sent out. And if you aren't rejected in the next few months, you have still have a few months to be placed on and potentially accepted off the waitlist. I wish you the best of luck. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
NotALawSchooler
  • Applicant

Just wanting to follow up on this as of April 3rd. 

No updates to my portal, has anybody heard of rejections going out at Usask? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

AliMP
  • Applicant

@NotALawSchooler 

No. My portal has yet to update as well. I have yet to hear of any rejections going out. 

Based on my limited research, it looks like most of the rejections go out in May. 

berry101
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, AliMP said:

@NotALawSchooler 

No. My portal has yet to update as well. I have yet to hear of any rejections going out. 

Based on my limited research, it looks like most of the rejections go out in May. 

Mine has been stuck on “Status: Completed” for a few months now. As you’ve said, I think we’ll get more acceptances and rejections in the next couple of months. 

AliMP
  • Applicant

@berry101 at least your application says completed lol 

Mine has not done that yet.

It still says they are waiting to retrieve my grades. I am still in my undergrad, so I assume they want my winter semester marks, which should be released early in May!