-

IDKWHATIMDOING

beachhouse
  • Lawyer

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of working for CLASP/Parkdale if you care about prestige?

• Like 6

I see where this is coming from, you read that other post where parkdale was called "prestigious". Parkdale throws a lot of work at you with minimal support. It is very much a trial by fire. That, coupled with the type of law they do makes parkdale alums very attractive to some firms (especially labour firms). It isn't some golden ticket and generally speaking I don't think it has any significant employment benefits over CLASP (outside those I've mentioned above). 

Also, "prestige" is a really stupid way to select a clinic. And it makes you seem pretty duplicitous because I suspect you got these offers by playing up a desire to do good and make an impact. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• IDKWHATIMDOING changed the title to -
25 minutes ago, IDKWHATIMDOING said:

im sorry. i didnt mean to upset anyone. 

Just be careful of how you come across. I get it is a turbulent time and being a 1L isn't fun but it never hurts to take a second and try and formulate questions in a constructive fashion. For example, this would have been a very different thread if you has asked about what you'd learn at each clinic and how that might help prepare you for a job in practice area x. Maybe take some time to break down what you're asking and think about what sort of post you can make to help elicit useful response. 

ZineZ
  • Lawyer

Boy would it be awkward to be the poster who mentioned "prestigious" with regards to a certain clinic and accidentally caused this fire.

image.png.e1e386300b7cd3039aca106cac1ef8f8.png