LSAT: to retake or not?

CuriousLad

CuriousLad
  • Undergrad

I just took my first LSAT in February, for which I studied about a month for an hour or so a day, and scored a 160. I was wondering if that score, combined with a 3.70ish cgpa and 3.8ish B2/L2 (granted I am not finished my undergraduate degree) is good enough to be competitive for schools like Western, Osgoode, Queen’s and UOttawa? I don’t really want to retake the lsat, but if it is advisable I probably will retake it. I also would not mind going to schools like UManitoba, TRU, Saskatchewan, U of A, and Windsor. They all seem like interesting schools to me. Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

FluffyBunny
  • Applicant

To be fair with only a month of studying with 1 hour per day and then to get a 160 means you can kill this test. You are definitely fine for Ottawa and Windsor but not sure about the rest since I'm an Ontario kid. I had a 3.93 ish GPA and 160 LSAT this cycle and only got in early at uOttawa. After retaking the LSAT in Jan and getting a 164 I basically got in everywhere ( UofT included) so I really think my 164 made the difference. If you have the time I would aim to take it again to maximize ur chances. Another few month/months and I think you can get into the high 160s- 170s is my prediction. 3.7 is good but a better LSAT will maximize your chances and you won't need to stress during admissions. That's my take! Also you can always get the score preview and cancel if your score is lower but with constant studying that should not be the case.

• Like 2

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

You're very likely in at Ottawa, most likely in at Queens and Western and have a good shot for Osgoode. If you'd be happy going to any of those four schools, you're probably fine. If you think you can get to 165+, then there's not much harm in trying again and locking in your chances for Osgoode (if that's what you want). But I don't think you need to worry too much if your goal is any of the schools you listed.

CuriousLad
  • Undergrad
17 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

You're very likely in at Ottawa, most likely in at Queens and Western and have a good shot for Osgoode. If you'd be happy going to any of those four schools, you're probably fine. If you think you can get to 165+, then there's not much harm in trying again and locking in your chances for Osgoode (if that's what you want). But I don't think you need to worry too much if your goal is any of the schools you listed.

Thank you for your response! I was pting around 157-161 so I’m happy with this and I think I just want to focus on school moving forward. I really appreciate your advice!