BC MAG legal services branch interview?

angusbeef

angusbeef
  • Law Student

I'm a current law student interested in applying to article with the LSB at the BC MAG. The work sounds really interesting and I've always been interested in government positions. I also think I have a pretty good average as well as the competencies listed in the job description. However, in considering applying, I've been looking at past interview questions and they have been freaking me out due to their difficulty!! I tend to get really nervous in interviews and it is so difficult to imagine myself being able to answer them under pressure. It is causing me to not even want to apply. Does anyone have any experience with interview with the legal services branch in BC? can you prepare in advance to some extent? Of course I know I am not even at the point of getting an interview, but the interview difficulty is really the only thing stopping me from wanting to apply. Any advice?

TheDevilIKnow
  • Articling Student

BC LSB interviews are not fundamentally different than other government jobs interviews, so don't mystify them too much. That said, they are not easy either. I bombed my own LSB interview at thre 2L phase, so I definitely get the concern!

Study the competencies closely and think about how you can meet them. Usually this is with stories of things you have already done, but may also involve hypothetical of what you might do in a given situation. 

Also, be prepared to be flexible in answering these questions.  The question that completely threw me off combined two different competencies.  I had things ready to say for each of them, but floundered completely when trying to incorporate both!

• Like 2