No LSAT Required to get your JD in Australia! :)

StudyOz

StudyOz

Mod Note - I'm removing ALL of this. Please report it in the future

• LOL 3

StudyOz

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

Gotta love that literally the main selling point here is low admission standards.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
4 hours ago, StudyOz said:

Mod Note - I'm removing ALL of this. Please report it in the future.

You seem like you'd be in a good position to answer a few questions that would be useful for future readers:

• What is the percentage of Canadians that receive their JDs from Australian schools that are called to a Canadian bar and secure permanent Canadian employment as lawyers? How does that compare to students that study at Canadian law schools?
  • What is the average annual income of Canadian lawyers that receive their law degree in Australia?
  • What is the average debt load of Canadian students that receive their law degree in Australia?
  • Like 6

StudyOz

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
3 hours ago, StudyOz said:

Mod Note - I'm removing ALL of this. Please report it in the future.

Yes, the jettisoning of the LSAT and the focus on the QS ranking reveals that this a bottom feeding practice.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

StudyOz

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

Thanks

Over what time period?

I decided to ask my question to ChatGPT, who informed me that "It's important to note that income can vary widely based on factors such as location, area of specialization, years of experience, and the specific employer or type of practice." So you're in alignment there!

Bolded is wild, I wasn't aware of that. What law prohibits wage discrimination based on school?

What about other schools, ie. Griffith, Bond. And are these for international students?

• LOL 2

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

You are involved in an info seminar about this and you don't have this information? You are claiming to not know how many grads there are?

Dodging the question again. Do you not track this or is it a figure that undermines your narrative? Obviously lawyers who went to different schools will make the same pay (not accounting for performance-based bonus, lawyer-generated work, etc) if they do the same job. That's a big "if." The "if" was the question asked of you.

You cherry-picked the most expensive JD program in Canada (which charges almost three times the tuition of a number of other Canadian law schools) and the Australian school you deliberately chose (I'm unsure if this was also cherry-picked or what the other Aus schools charge) is still about a third more expensive.

StudyOz

Goblin King
  • Law Student

I did not think that advertisement was allowed on this site. 

• Like 2

Piffle
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, Goblin King said:

I did not think that advertisement was allowed on this site. 

And I was just getting my popcorn ready.

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

ORGANIZATION is funded by Australian universities, which I think speaks clearly to whose interests it serves first and foremos\At the end of the day, there are successful Canadian lawyers who obtained their degrees abroad - some of whom post openly about it on this forum. But I hope (although don't expect) you are honest with the students that use your services regarding the higher cost of entry and elevated barrier to a Canadian career that studying in Australia results in. Nearly every student that could get into a Canadian law school and wants to practice in Canada is better off staying in Canada for their JD. Justifying studying in Australia based on Melbourne's global reputation is like justifying attending Cooley Law because of Harvard's reputation.

This might be exaggerated - I genuinely don't know if even the worst Australian law school has as dismal career prospects as the worst U.S. schools. The point here is that these students should be equally exposed to the pros and cons and I hope you do that through these info sessions.

• Like 2

StudyOz

Big Pecker
  • Lawyer

This bot account and its posts in this thread are so disingenuous and misleading they border on predatory in my opinion. Hope any applicants/people considering law school exercise some critical thought and take info received from "StudyOz" with a huge grain of salt. 

As has been stated many times before on this forum and its predecessors, if your intention is to practice law in Canada, you should exhaust all Canadian options completely before even considering Aus/UK, etc. Literally ANY Canadian law school is a better route. 

• Like 4

Evolution

I'm a very keen to get through law school as efficiently as possible, but at the same time I'm interested in travelling abroad for a little while between undergrad and law school. I have a stellar GPA and mediocre LSAT. Some people have told me to just take a year off before starting law school in Canada so that I can satisfy my travel itch, but I'm feeling a little impatient. Would attending law school in Australia be a good option for me? I feel as though I'll be able to travel abroad while studying law at the same time if I do so, and that's attractive given my interests currently.

/s

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

StudyOz

Evolution
1 hour ago, StudyOz said:

[Mod has removed all marketing information except for this delightful reason to go] "If you just want to take a year off and travel, it is a great part of the world to do so!"

homer.jpeg.54694051bc0277b90260f903a7ce75a5.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Nom! 1

CB2021
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, enpassant said:

How shameless.

gotta attract students and make money somehow

Dinsdale
  • Lawyer
3 hours ago, CleanHands said:

Gotta love that literally the main selling point here is low admission standards.

That and the beach!!  🙂