Waitlist 2024

Torts Illustrated

Torts Illustrated
  • Applicant

Guess I'll start this off! 

Received an email saying there has been an update to my portal just now - waitlist position 145/220.

AGPA: 3.98 / LSAT: 154 (MB Resident)

Edited by Torts Illustrated

grainbin74
  • Applicant

Email came at 11:18 am. Position: 89/220 AGPA: 3.51 (i think) LSAT: 163 MB resident. Will be accepting if I get the offer as this is my first choice. 

Does anyone know how far down the waitlist went for 2022? I know that it went down to #96 for 2023. 

Edited by grainbin74
  • Like 1

applicant1995
  • Applicant

Waitlisted this morning. 41/220. Pretty disappointed to be honest, does anyone know if I'm still likely to get in? I feel like U Man is my best shot out of the 4 schools I applied to. 

GPA L2: 3.6/4 LSAT: 158 (AB resident)

TheWingerGuarantee
  • Applicant

Hey, I also just got the email notification that I was placed on the waitlist (11/220). I will be declining as I have other offers I am debating between. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 3

dougdimmadome
  • Applicant

Waitlisted this morning: 147/220, MB Resident.

Last year they got into at least the 120s, I know someone who got an offer almost a week into classes in September lol. MB only waitlist should come out in mid-July.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

LegallyExhausted6
  • Applicant

Waitlisted this morning, 134/220.
GPA 3.6 (ish) LSAT 161

Out of province applicant. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 2

Lawstudentcan

Received the email 10:19am. Waitlisted with position 25/220. SK resident. APGA: 3.8 (I think). LSAT: 160 

• Like 1

canlawgirl
  • Law School Admit

Waitlisted this morning as well! 44/220. LSAT 157, cGPA/L2 ~3.7/4 (I think my aGPA for Manitoba is somewhere around a 4.2?). Non-MB resident. Applied general.

I likely will withdraw from consideration as I've been accepted elsewhere, and U of M is not one of my top choices. Wishing the best for everyone else on the WL!

• Like 4

Position: 99/220

3.91 AGPA, 157 LSAT, MB Resident

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

CALaw2024
  • Applicant

Also waitlisted today

120/220

agpa: ~3.8

lsat:157

mb resident 

good luck everyone 🤞🏼

Edited by CALaw2024
  • Like 1

EggsBennie
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, grainbin74 said:

Does anyone know how far down the waitlist went for 2022? I know that it went down to #96 for 2023. 

Very kind thanks to CYCLONIX for this (because what a hero to come back and update when the Accepted/Waitlist threads usually get ghosted after a while) but they posted from the 2023 thread that they were number 150/199 on the general waitlist, 22/45 on the MB resident waitlist that got released in July, and got accepted on Sept 8th, which is 2 days after the start of the school term, so they were probably very near or at the final cutoff.

I calculated their stats (LSAT 164 and AGPA 3.11) and they had an index score of ~71.2. Of course, every year varies quite a bit, but we've got some good data about last year's cutoff to go off of.

• Like 8

mewmew122
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, canlawgirl said:

Waitlisted this morning as well! 44/220. LSAT 157, cGPA/L2 ~3.7/4 (I think my aGPA for Manitoba is somewhere around a 4.2?). Non-MB resident. Applied general.

I likely will withdraw from consideration as I've been accepted elsewhere, and U of M is not one of my top choices. Wishing the best for everyone else on the WL!

Thanks for withdrawing as it will make it faster for everyone else who does want to go to U of M.

• Like 3

grainbin74
  • Applicant

Why was last year's general waitlist 199 people, but this years waitlist is 220? 

mewmew122
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, grainbin74 said:

Why was last year's general waitlist 199 people, but this years waitlist is 220? 

It might be that many more people (this year) that were given an early acceptance chose to withdraw. Many regard Robson Hall as a "safety" option. Those with higher indexes likely applied to more schools and preferred to go to those other schools. 

yercookies
3 hours ago, applicant1995 said:

Waitlisted this morning. 41/220. Pretty disappointed to be honest, does anyone know if I'm still likely to get in? I feel like U Man is my best shot out of the 4 schools I applied to. 

GPA L2: 3.6/4 LSAT: 158 (AB resident)

Why are you disappointed? If you look at the past posts in the forum/discord, a spot in the 40s is a guaranteed acceptance. It might just take awhile to actually be accepted. But if you have other schools you are waiting for then there is nothing to worry about being in the waitlist for now

• Like 1

mimi123
  • Applicant

Anyone know how far they go down the general waitlist?

yercookies
41 minutes ago, mimi123 said:

Anyone know how far they go down the general waitlist?

no one knows because it depends on a variety of factors. Your best bet is to look at the the past years. But note that some years are more "competitive" than other years, or more people accepted/denied their offers

grainbin74
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, mewmew122 said:

It might be that many more people (this year) that were given an early acceptance chose to withdraw. Many regard Robson Hall as a "safety" option. Those with higher indexes likely applied to more schools and preferred to go to those other schools. 

So is that a good sign or bad sign for people on the waitlist? 

yercookies
27 minutes ago, grainbin74 said:

So is that a good sign or bad sign for people on the waitlist? 

good for people on the waitlist as people who don't want to attend manitoba will withdraw their spot, leaving the spots for those who do want to go. As for those on the waitlist some schools like UBC, Queen, etc. take a really long time to hear from, so people who are waiting to hear back from these schools will hold on to their acceptance from Manitoba which is why the waitlist moves slowly 

• Like 1

k9876
  • Applicant

Email came at 11:18am, position 80, LSAT 154, gpa 4.17.

Will be accepting if I make it off waitlist.

Can anyone tell me where to find how many spots of the waitlist they have gone up to in previous years? I have no idea if there’s any hope.

canlawgirl
  • Law School Admit
8 minutes ago, k9876 said:

Email came at 11:18am, position 80, LSAT 154, gpa 4.17.

Will be accepting if I make it off waitlist.

Can anyone tell me where to find how many spots of the waitlist they have gone up to in previous years? I have no idea if there’s any hope.

⬇️

2 hours ago, EggsBennie said:

Very kind thanks to CYCLONIX for this (because what a hero to come back and update when the Accepted/Waitlist threads usually get ghosted after a while) but they posted from the 2023 thread that they were number 150/199 on the general waitlist, 22/45 on the MB resident waitlist that got released in July, and got accepted on Sept 8th, which is 2 days after the start of the school term, so they were probably very near or at the final cutoff.

I calculated their stats (LSAT 164 and AGPA 3.11) and they had an index score of ~71.2. Of course, every year varies quite a bit, but we've got some good data about last year's cutoff to go off of.

There's lots of valuable information in this thread + the 2023 acceptance thread regarding WL movement. Best of luck!

wendyruolan
  • Applicant

Got the W as well this morning.

CGPA 3.5, B2 is probably 3,6 or 3.7 (cant recall the exact number)

LSAT 159

non MB resident

56/220 on the WL

Would there be a chance for me to get accepted? MB is one of the two schools I really want to go....

RushFan2112

95th on the WL, AB resident.

LSAT 166, AGPA somewhere around 3.1-3.2 with drops.

Thoughts on chances as a non-MB resident?

Scurvied
  • Applicant

59th on the WL, current ON resident but born and raised in MB (even some schooling through UofM). Haven't heard back from any of my Ontario applications.

LSAT 161, AGPA ~4.0. Hoping for some good news.

moose
  • Applicant

42 on the WL, AB resident. Lsat 157 and GPA 3.7ish/4 idk what my AGPA is.