Letter of Permission Transfer

significantword372

significantword372
  • Applicant

Does anyone have any experience with transferring to a Toronto school on letter of permission from Windsor? Or any experience attending UofT or Osgoode from any school? PM please!

Letter of permission should be simple enough to get in an upper year, but a transfer is quite competitive (assuming you don't have compassionate grounds, and even then). 

• Like 1

loonie
  • Law Student

I know a few people who got a Letter of Permission to go to Oz in their third year from Queen's. I don't think it is that much of an issue to obtain. I do believe most Ontario law schools have some sort of residency requirement, which makes the LOP feasible only for one of their upper-years and not both however. In regards to transferring after first year, I would echo LMP, it's pretty competitive albeit I know a few people who transferred to UofT after 1L. I'm not certain on this, but I believe ~10 students transfer to Osgoode every year from Windsor specifically after 1L, but as stated, I'm sure those spots are pretty competitive to obtain. 

Edited by loonie

significantword372
  • Applicant
16 minutes ago, loonie said:

I know a few people who got a Letter of Permission to go to Oz in their third year from Queen's. I don't think it is that much of an issue to obtain. I do believe most Ontario law schools have some sort of residency requirement, which makes the LOP feasible only for one of their upper-years and not both however. In regards to transferring after first year, I would echo LMP, it's pretty competitive albeit I know a few people who transferred to UofT after 1L. I'm not certain on this, but I believe ~10 students transfer to Osgoode every year from Windsor specifically after 1L, but as stated, I'm sure those spots are pretty competitive to obtain. 

Thanks for the info! Just to clarify I'm a 2L so I'd be looking just to get LOP for 3L - sorry that wasn't clear!