Bar Prep (Course/ Resources)

lawsttime

lawsttime
  • Law Student

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on taking a Bar Prep course for the ON exam.

(Money is a factor - but if it's really helpful then I would definitely consider. The exam is in June and I am not sure where to start.) 

In addition, if anyone knows of any good resources (study tips/guides or free websites), please let me know! Thank you 🙂

goodisgood
  • Law Student
On 4/17/2024 at 11:19 AM, lawsttime said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on taking a Bar Prep course for the ON exam.

(Money is a factor - but if it's really helpful then I would definitely consider. The exam is in June and I am not sure where to start.) 

In addition, if anyone knows of any good resources (study tips/guides or free websites), please let me know! Thank you 🙂

Hey, I'm prepping too. Here are a couple free resources to get you started:

https://emond.ca/Emond/media/Free-Materials/The_Comprehensive_Bar_Exam_Preparation_Manual.pdf - Some of it is irrelevant if you're not taking their courses, but there's some generally useful advice about highlighting, scheduling, and test day conditions in there. Emond also provides a free sample exam. From my research it seems Emond is one of the better companies for practice exams. 

I'm going back and forth on whether I want to enroll in a course since it's a lot of pages, but all the courses seem to cost a lot(Emond's Barrister Course alone is over $1500) and plenty of people report passing without needing such things. 

• Thanks 1

BHC1
  • Lawyer
3 minutes ago, LMP said:

Hey, we made the list. 

Screenshot_20240420_190801_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Stolen valour. 

BHC1
  • Lawyer
Just now, LMP said:

Oh yeah? 

Screenshot_20240420_204422_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I withdraw my false accusations and beg forgiveness kind gentle person. 

• LOL 1