TMU VS Ottawa

LOUISLITT123
  • Applicant

Hey Everyone,

Was just looking to get some advice about if Ottawa or TMU would be a better choice for me.

TMU automatically I understand has its downfalls due to its age as a school.

For me, the only things holding me to TMU have been the location being in Toronto and I can commute from home. Total about one hour each way and I have some family business in Toronto so I was hoping to keep helping with that. Both those are negligible if Ottawa is a much better option though. So was looking to get some advice from you guys.

ZukoJD
  • Law Student

Which practice areas are you interested in? 

Also, are you wealthy? Ottawa will cost you at least 30k more with living expenses. 

Edited by ZukoJD

Evolution
5 hours ago, ZukoJD said:

Ottawa will cost you at least 30k more with living expenses. 

Can confirm this is the case. When I was in the same position as OP, I calculated the total cost difference between the two schools assuming that I would live at home while attending TMU vs living on my own while attending UOttawa being approximately $50,000-70,000. The main factor causing the $20,000 range was how much I wanted to spend on my housing arrangement in Ottawa.