Lower than competitive GPA would still love to get in to u Ottawa

itgirllawyer

itgirllawyer
  • Applicant

Hi Everyone! I am a third year and have a cGPA of 3.61, I am a bit worried since usually a competitive GPA is 3.7. I have decided to slow down with school and do five years to help higher my GPA since I have to work. My dream school is UOttawa. What LSAT score would I need to get a spot there? It is worth mentioning I have incredibly strong softs, a triple major writing a thesis on law, and great future recommendation letters.  

Edited by itgirllawyer

• itgirllawyer changed the title to Lower than competitive GPA would still love to get in to u Ottawa
Rigel
  • Applicant

uOttawa's median is around 3.7/158 (I heard some professors said the median in recent years increased a little bit.) Still, your cgpa is strong and you shouldn't worry to much about it. Just try to score above 158 and write a good personal statement, then you will be fine!

SpaceTigerX

The cGPA you have is  still pretty strong. Also, looking at their website they look at all aspects of your application. So strong personal statement, references and autobiographical sketch can offset the cGPA. 

Looking at the accepted threads on this forum (which is a small sample of the overall class) there is some people with a much lower or around your cGPA that got in with LSAT scores of 164 to 174. 

So, I think if you aim for something in that range you will have a really good shot. But remember cGPA/LSAT are only a part of the assessment, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself to get like a 180 lol. 

Edited by SpaceTigerX
My brain misses things lol