UofC UBC and UofT CGPA 3.6 LSAT 170

Guy5688

Guy5688
  • Applicant

Hello all, how much do these schools prioritize GPA and softs over LSAT?

I have a year of pretty relevant work experience, and I think pretty strong softs. Though volunteer experience is not directly legal related. 

Edited by Guy5688

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer

Your GPA and LSAT are great, I don't think any of of these schools will care about your softs.

loonie
  • Law Student

For what it's worth, I got rejected to UofT with fairly similar stats (3.72 cGPA and 168 LSAT). That's not to say you will. The admissions process is never entirely clear. I think your LSAT score will keep you competitive -- but, do keep in mind UofT's median GPA for their 2023 class was a 3.9/4.0 on the OLSAS scale. 

To answer your question about whether the school's mentioned prioritize GPA and softs over LSAT: Your GPA and LSAT will always be the main consideration. Your softs will likely benefit you more when you are on the bubble, which I suspect you will be at most of the schools mentioned, so it is a positive that yours are strong. 

Ultimately, you are a strong candidate. I am sure that you will successfully land somewhere. Best of luck going forward. 

Edited by loonie

Guy5688
  • Applicant
On 4/21/2024 at 10:13 AM, luckycharm said:

Is U of T still B3 and not GPA? 

Looks like it, in that case it is 3.7, which is also my last 3

• 2 weeks later...