Binding Bar Exam Materials?

student671

student671

I'm not sure how to go about printing my bar materials. Do most people spiral bind each section? Put the LSO materials in separate binders or one big binder? I was thinking about spiral binding each section separately, but should I wait to do that until the indices are out?

secunda
  • Law Student

I bound my bar and solicitor materials separately. These were then split into two bound books each because there's a limit on how many pages you can bind together! I believe some people also print their materials and then use a binder instead of binding. If it helps, I think it is up to you as to how you'd like to organize your materials once they're printed - the print shop I used said most people either bind (for example, the bar materials) all together, whereas some will separately print and bind the individual sections. I would recommend you print and bind them as soon as possible so you can begin reading them, since I believe the indices come out early-mid May.

goosie
  • Lawyer

I bound each individual section separately. I had friends who printed everything and stuck them in two big binders (one for solicitor, one for barrister) with dividers for each section. I don't think there's any specific method that works better than another.

Re: the indices - I bound them separately as their own thing anyway. I agree that you should just print your materials now and either bind them or put them in an actual binder. No reason to wait.

Edited by goosie

Ted Fradson
  • Law Student

I had mine printed and bound in 13 groups at Net Plaza. Price was reasonable for only $154.67- + hst=$174.77-. Location is also ideal - corner of Spadina and College. Just took lite train 510 from Union Station.  Very accessible. Good thing, they know what to do as they've been printing the licensing materials in the past.

Edited by Ted Fradson

ribbitbibbit
  • Law Student

I am planning on spiral-binding each section individually, as well as creating two spiral bound books (one for barrister, one for solicitor) which includes table of contents and indices. 

Anyone with experience think that this is a good way to do it? Or have any other suggestions?