Chances for Dal and UNB + advice

AbLiyamme

AbLiyamme
  • Applicant

Hi, it's my first time posting here and I am wondering what my chances are in getting accepted to UNB and DAL if I applied with a 3.75/4.3 L2 GPA (3.6 cGPA) and a 160 LSAT score. I am from NB originally and currently live in NS, going into my fourth year of my undergrad. As mentioned by the title, I am also needing some advice as to whether I should apply now with my current grades or wait until I complete my final term which would have me attend one year after, leaving me with a gap year.

All responses are appreciated even if they are critical!

englishmajor
  • Law Student

I don’t see why you shouldn’t apply this year. I know people who got accepted to both with similar or even slightly worse stats and being a local gives you a leg up on non-maritimers.

Personally I think not taking a gap year and keeping study habits helps with the transition into 1L which can be pretty chaotic.

Conge
  • Lawyer
10 hours ago, englishmajor said:

Personally I think not taking a gap year and keeping study habits helps with the transition into 1L which can be pretty chaotic.

As a counterpoint, this may the last opportunity to take a year to travel/work/etc. Once you start law school, it's hard to take time off the well beaten path to becoming a lawyer. 

To answer OP's question, though, I'd apply this year to keep your options open. A "gap" year isn't off the table completely if you are accepted now but it gives you the option of attending law school now.