Chances at UofT with a low GPa and a 172 LSAT

bb00

bb00
  • Applicant

Hi everyone,

Here are my stats: I graduated with an engineering degree in 2022. My L3 GPa is 3.56 and my L2 GPa is 3.74. My LSAT is 172

Work Experience

• 2 years in construction operations post grad
  • 1.5 years working in a research lab and yielded one publication
  • 2 summers of internships at a small tech startup.

The reason I am aiming for UofT is because I'm hoping to have a better chance at working in the US without having to go to a US school. Should I even bother applying to UofT since they value GPa over LSAT? 

Thanks.

StoneMason
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, bb00 said:

Hi everyone,

Here are my stats: I graduated with an engineering degree in 2022. My L3 GPa is 3.56 and my L2 GPa is 3.74. My LSAT is 172

Work Experience

• 2 years in construction operations post grad
  • 1.5 years working in a research lab and yielded one publication
  • 2 summers of internships at a small tech startup.

The reason I am aiming for UofT is because I'm hoping to have a better chance at working in the US without having to go to a US school. Should I even bother applying to UofT since they value GPa over LSAT? 

Thanks.

You should never self-reject. With your stats, applying is a no brainer in my opinion. Are you a guaranteed acceptance? Obviously not. But would it be unfathomable that they take a liking to your application and overlook the GPA? Not at all. It has been done plenty with a high enough LSAT. The cost of applying (what is it, $50 or something?) is too low to not take the chance. Worst case you're out a few lunches. Best case, your life changes.

Although, I would adjust my expectations if I were you. Expect and plan to not get in with anything else as a bonus. 

Edited by StoneMason
  • Like 2

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
18 minutes ago, bb00 said:

If you know you want to work in the US after graduating you should go to a US law school.

• Like 1

enpassant
  • Law School Admit

Echoing what @StoneMason said, I think you should most definitely apply, though of course acceptance is not guaranteed. My friend (who is a typical KJD) was admitted this cycle with a 3.6 170. 

• Like 1

bb00
  • Applicant
15 hours ago, enpassant said:

Echoing what @StoneMason said, I think you should most definitely apply, though of course acceptance is not guaranteed. My friend (who is a typical KJD) was admitted this cycle with a 3.6 170. 

Do you happen to know what his degree was?

enpassant
  • Law School Admit
16 hours ago, bb00 said:

Do you happen to know what his degree was?

General degree in the humanities.