Ballpark Chances? 3.41 ish cgpa, b20:3.82 l2/b2:3.72

Spacerock

Spacerock
Posted (edited)

Finished third year, likely applying this fall. Would like rough estimates. Aiming for a 160+ lsat. What would a safe score be in my position? All Ontario schools. The dream choice would be oz but seems difficult. I’d be happy with queens or western. 

not so great first year, pretty solid second year, meh not bad third year. cgpa might be 3.5 ish if I finish my 4th year but that would mean another year of living expenses to apply next cycle. A family member was sick all throughout uni and passed away during my third year and has taken a toll, but overall upwards trend in my grades?

ec wise: worked all years with promotions, volunteered as a coach last summer, part of a school club last year and vice president upcoming year. 

note: I might apply access. Would this (the family member passing) meet the criteria? Sure I’m first gen immigrant/minority but I don't think that really counts since I’m sure many applicants are. 

just looking for what y’all think. Thanks!

Edited by Spacerock

tobi
  • Law School Admit
Posted (edited)

Aim for the highest LSAT you can get, don't put a limit or don't tell yourself that there's a 'safe score'. People got rejected from Oz this cycle with very high stats. So, it's hard to tell you. 

https://lsutil.azurewebsites.net/CGPA - calculate your cGPA here first. 

Your ECs are average and the same level with the majority of KJDs. 

Apply access sure but there's other reasons of applying access too, your situation may fit depending on what it says on the websites. Take a look at it and maybe your situation does qualify. 

Focus on the LSAT, just take it and if you get high 160s, you have a good shot provided your cGPA is 3.5 per OLSAS. 

Hard to chance you without an LSAT on file. That's why on the "Chances" page it says "When creating a new thread, please include your cGPA and LSAT in the post title."

Edited by tobi
  • Like 1