Chances for Fall 2025 (cGPA: 3.25, L2/B2: 3.71, LSAT: N/A)

sk38

sk38
  • Undergrad

Hi, 

I'm going down a rabbit hole right now and really could just use some advice. I'm hoping to apply for Fall 2025 but as you can see my cGPA isn't that great. My first year had two non-major courses that I didn't do too well on but the last two years I've really tried to make up for it which is why my L2 is significantly higher (I've only been in undergrad for three years cause I had credits transferred from paralegal studies). 

I'm hoping my resume, LSAT score, and reference letters are what make me stand out but what do you guys think?

I went to Seneca College first for Paralegal studies and have been licensed since 2021. I've been working as a paralegal for the last two years while I've been in school. I'm also volunteering at a high school with grade 11 and 12 students assisting the teacher with his law classes. I can get a reference letter from the high school teacher who was a criminal defence lawyer before retiring, as well as the lawyer at my job who has been working as a corporate lawyer for 10+ years. 

I'm not sure what I would get on my LSAT but realistically I'm aiming for at least a 160. 

I'm really hoping to stay in the GTA cause living on campus (at schools like Queens or Western) would be so expensive, but I'm not sure what the chances of me getting into Osgoode or Toronto Metropolitan would be (I've given up on UofT). Should I apply for law school for the 2026 year instead and spend the next year taking extra courses to try and raise my cGPA or should I just apply for the 2025 year and hope for the best? 

CB2021
  • Law Student
11 minutes ago, sk38 said:

I'm hoping my resume, LSAT score, and reference letters are what make me stand out but what do you guys think?

What LSAT score

• Like 1

sk38
  • Undergrad
2 minutes ago, CB2021 said:

What LSAT score

I haven't taken it yet, but I'm going to take it this November. What do you think I would have to get on my LSAT to have a chance at Osgoode with everything else in consideration?

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

Take the LSAT first.

Don’t aim for a specific score, aim for a 180.

sk38
  • Undergrad
4 hours ago, MyWifesBoyfriend said:

Take the LSAT first.

Don’t aim for a specific score, aim for a 180.

I talked to a few people and this is what they said to do too. I'm gonna take the LSAT and aim for a perfect score. I appreciate the advice. 

thrill
  • Law Student

yeah, it's really hard to judge chances without an LSAT