Can law schools see grades...

BritishBond

Piffle
  • Law Student

Each school will have their own admissions policies on whether or not they consider final year grades. You'll have to do your own research on each school that you have in mind.

That being said, Queen's is the school that I'm most familiar with. I emailed them about this when I applied for the 2020/21 cycle. I just dug up that email -- here's their reply verbatim:

• “For your final year to count towards your two best years GPA, we have to receive an updated official transcript from your school. This would mean, if your final year made you more competitive, you would be offered later in the admissions cycle. We typically fill the last seats in our class in early to mid-June - Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee anything, but in the past, applicants submitting competitive winter term grades have received an offer.”

Still, keep in mind that even if a given school is willing to include those grades, by the time winter term transcripts are ready – i.e. after April – most of that cycle's offers will have already been made. You’ll therefore be competing for the last few remaining spots.

In any event though, if you still have an upcoming year of undergrad, then just focus on doing your best, regardless of the timeline!

Edited by Piffle
  • Like 1