When to make an OLSAS account...

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

OLSAS opens up in a couple days, and I was wondering when we make an account, and if timing really matters. I'm taking the LSAT in October and have yet to speak/confirm with my references. 

RIP-Joel
  • Law Student

I recommend that you speak to your references ASAP. I'm applying this year too. I just emailed one my references today and she backed out of her offer to write me a reference. Just email them to say either "Hey, can you be my reference" or if you already asked then just email them saying "hey does the offer still stand, if so I'll send you the link on the 19th". 

Piffle
  • Law Student

In theory, you can make an account anytime you want, from the day it opens to the Nov 1 deadline for submitting your application.

But in practice, you’ll want to make your account well in advance of Nov 1, because there’s stuff you need to use your account for before you submit your application. E.g. you’ll need to formally request your referees for reference letters via your account (and your referees need to submit their letters to OLSAS, which they can't do if you don't have an account), you’ll need to input your PS, sketch and verifiers directly onto your account, etc. All this shouldn't be done at the last minute.

Edited by Piffle

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
10 hours ago, Piffle said:

you’ll need to input your PS, sketch and verifiers directly onto your account, etc. All this shouldn't be done at the last minute.

Are the sketches and verifiers only for some schools?  I'm looking at the OLSAS site and I don't see anything about them.

LMP
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, dimsum1 said:

Are the sketches and verifiers only for some schools?  I'm looking at the OLSAS site and I don't see anything about them.

You do one sketch and it is sent to every Ontario school. 

• Like 1

Londonlawyer
  • Applicant

Is anyone else having the issue of "This application is closed." when they click the 2022 "Log in" button on OUAC? I don't think we are supposed to make a new account but can't go any further with my current login

Smiles22
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, Londonlawyer said:

Is anyone else having the issue of "This application is closed." when they click the 2022 "Log in" button on OUAC? I don't think we are supposed to make a new account but can't go any further with my current login

It says the same thing for me, Im going to give it a couple hours then try again!

• Like 1

Londonlawyer
  • Applicant
18 minutes ago, Smiles22 said:

It says the same thing for me, Im going to give it a couple hours then try again!

I just called and they said to clear your cache/ cookies/ browser history, give that a shot it didn't work for me but might work for others! They also said it is probably a programming error so we might just need to wait then try later 

Edited by Londonlawyer
Update
  • Like 2

Londonlawyer
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, dimsum1 said:

I was able to start the process about 5 mins ago.  

Yep it looks like it is up and running for me too 

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
On 8/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, LMP said:

You do one sketch and it is sent to every Ontario school. 

Thanks.  I'm doing it now and honestly, I don't see the difference between that and a CV, which I'm submitting because I'm applying as a mature student.