Categories

BritishBond

BritishBond
  • Applicant

Can an individual choose general and access category when doing an application for law school if they qualify for both, or should they choose just one category.

honeydijon
  • Law Student

You apply under one category (so either General or Access). From what I understand, the admission team will move you from the Access pile to the General pile If you apple under the Access category and they determine that your access claim doesn’t quite meet their criteria, or your stats are high enough to make you competitive as a General applicant. 

PlayALawyerOnTV
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, honeydijon said:

You apply under one category (so either General or Access). From what I understand, the admission team will move you from the Access pile to the General pile If you apple under the Access category and they determine that your access claim doesn’t quite meet their criteria, or your stats are high enough to make you competitive as a General applicant. 

Pretty much this. A lot of schools, or at least the ones I spoke with when I was applying last year, will automatically consider access (or mature, or whatever) applicants in the general section as well. If your stats as an access applicant are strong enough to be accepted via the general pool then they'll just accept you there. If your stats aren't strong enough, then you're considered in the specific group you applied in.