OLSAS References

onlyonemorelette

onlyonemorelette
  • Applicant

Do I need up to 2 or 3 references overall that will apply to all my applications to different schools through OSLAS or do I need 2 (+/-) references PER every law school application? Also, since I am applying from Alberta, is there any advice you would recommend for me when applying through OLSAS (it is a very different system compared to the applications I have prepared for UofC and UofA etc.) 

I will appreciate any helpful advice - kind of overwhelmed! 

Edited by onlyonemorelette

Apple
  • Lawyer
6 hours ago, onlyonemorelette said:

Do I need up to 2 or 3 references overall that will apply to all my applications to different schools through OSLAS or do I need 2 (+/-) references PER every law school application? Also, since I am applying from Alberta, is there any advice you would recommend for me when applying through OLSAS (it is a very different system compared to the applications I have prepared for UofC and UofA etc.) 

I will appreciate any helpful advice - kind of overwhelmed! 

You need 2-3 references overall not 2-3 different ones per school. For instance, Professor X's and Y's reference letters will be given to each school you apply to. For this reason, I encourage you to inform your references about this fact so that they do not name drop a particular school in the reference. 

The OLSAS process is pretty straight forward. Start thinking about your answers you'll give to each of the unique school questions (i.e., Personal Statements, get in touch with your references and get their personal information (email, name, address), do the same for your ECs and verifiers, and start the process early. Get as much done that you can now so that time pressure is not a thing. If your references ask for a deadline, give them one that is advance of the OLSAS submission deadline. 

• Like 1

Lycidas
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, onlyonemorelette said:

or do I need 2 (+/-) references PER every law school application?

lmao