Requesting Transcripts

m_kk637

m_kk637
  • Applicant

I am aware that you will have to submit a transcript via your OLSAS application rather than directly asking for it from the school. But I just wanted to double check that as long as I submit my application by the Nov.1 deadline, the law schools will be able to receive my transcript on time. If I have this wrong, please feel free to correct me. Thank you!

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit

If the school is also in Ontario, then yes you submit via the OLSAS application.  If not, then you have to ask that school's registrar to send it.  Some schools don't send it electronically so it would take time to get to OLSAS.  Either way, it's not instantaneous.

Personally, I'd get them sent ASAP unless you're still taking courses.  

Edited by dimsum1

m_kk637
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, dimsum1 said:

If the school is also in Ontario, then yes you submit via the OLSAS application.  If not, then you have to ask that school's registrar to send it.  Some schools don't send it electronically so it would take time to get to OLSAS.  Either way, it's not instantaneous.

I would also like to send them ASAP, but I think I have to finish my entire application before I submit the request. Is there a way to just submit my transcript request ahead of time? Thanks again! 

• Like 1

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
2 minutes ago, m_kk637 said:

I would also like to send them ASAP, but I think I have to finish my entire application before I submit the request. Is there a way to just submit my transcript request ahead of time? Thanks again! 

Oh right, you're correct.  Unfortunately I'm not sure - I had my PS written beforehand so I just copy/pasted them into my application.

m_kk637
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, dimsum1 said:

Oh right, you're correct.  Unfortunately I'm not sure - I had my PS written beforehand so I just copy/pasted them into my application.

No worries. Thanks anyways! 🙂 I'll email and maybe double check to see if there is a way, as I am not done my application yet. 

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, dimsum1 said:

Hi! I'm working on my application right now and there is the option to "send immediately" meaning they won't wait for my grades from this semester. Should I pick this / does it matter?

m_kk637
  • Applicant
11 hours ago, Dee said:

Hi! I'm working on my application right now and there is the option to "send immediately" meaning they won't wait for my grades from this semester. Should I pick this / does it matter?

Hi, where do you see this option? I can't seem to find it on mine. 

Just now, m_kk637 said:

Hi, where do you see this option? I can't seem to find it on mine. 

Actually, I just saw what you mentioned. I have the same option and have selected that one but it still won't get sent until your application is complete.