Chances and Access Question

joe doe

joe doe
  • Applicant

Hey everyone,

Stats:

CGPA/L2: 3.6low, 1 semester left of undergrad. Don't know B2. B3: 3.7low (per OLSAS according to Law School Application Assistant).

LSAT: 161, 168

ECs and Work Experience: Volunteering at a non-profit since 2013, working at the same non-profit throughout undergrad.

My question: I know my stats are generally good, and I have an access claim. Should I still apply access? Does applying access have any financial aid implications? Should I apply access at the schools that have higher GPA/LSAT medians, and apply general at schools with lower GPA/LSAT medians?

I am applying to Queens, McGill, Western, UofT, Ottawa, Osgoode, and Windsor.

If anyone has been in a similar situation and chose to/not to apply access, your insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to anyone who read this and took the time to reply.

1 hour ago, joe doe said:

Hey everyone,

Stats:

CGPA/L2: 3.6low, 1 semester left of undergrad. Don't know B2. B3: 3.7low (per OLSAS according to Law School Application Assistant).

ECs and Work Experience: Volunteering at a non-profit since 2013, working at the same non-profit throughout undergrad.

My question: I know my stats are generally good, and I have an access claim. Should I still apply access? Does applying access have any financial aid implications? Should I apply access at the schools that have higher GPA/LSAT medians, and apply general at schools with lower GPA/LSAT medians?

If anyone has been in a similar situation and chose to/not to apply access, your insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to anyone who read this and took the time to reply.

Members

Applicant

Posted June 25

Rejected yesterday from single. 
167 LSAT (Jan 2021, 1 attempt) high 2s GPA, Hon BSc. 
Referred mid March. 

Applied general, but should have applied access. Didn’t really understand the process- looking forward to applying more broadly next year (only applied single JD) now that I understand the process more. 

How do you get from 167 to 168? and high 2s GPA to 3.6?

49 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

Members

Applicant

Posted June 25

Referred mid March. 

Applied general, but should have applied access. Didn’t really understand the process- looking forward to applying more broadly next year (only applied single JD) now that I understand the process more. 

How did you know they are the same person?

joe doe
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, luckycharm said:

Members

Applicant

Posted June 25

Referred mid March. 

Hi, I think you have me mistaken for someone else. This is my first time posting on this website. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

How did you know they are the same person?

How do you know I don't know that they are the same person?

14 hours ago, luckycharm said:

Members

Applicant

Posted June 25

Referred mid March. 

I clicked on the wrong profile.

Sorry.

my mistake

15 hours ago, joe doe said:

Hey everyone,

Stats:

You should be fine with  Queens, Western, Ottawa, and looks good for Osgoode

Chance for U of T is a bit low though.